When you are applying for a Google Adsense account, you are required to add a HTML code to your website for verification purposes.
The easiest method is to just copy and paste Google’s verification code to the blog theme’s header.php file.
Here’s how to do it:
1. On your WordPress dashboard, go to “Appearance” then click “Editor“.
You will be redirected to the “Edit Themes” page.
2. On the right side (under Templates), look for Header (header.php).
Tip: If you’re using Firefox or Chrome, use the find tool to quickly locate the header file especially if the theme has lots of php files. On your keyboard press Ctrl + F then type header.php
3. Click on Header (header.php).
4. Find <*/head> (without the asterisk), the HTML end tag for header. Again, use the Find tool to quickly find it.
5. Now, insert your Google adsense verification code just above the header end tag.
6. Click “Update file” button to save your changes.
7. That’s it! This method applies to any WordPress theme not just premadeniches.