IMPORTANT: DO NOT install WordPress on the destination server. The importbuddy script will install all files, including WordPress. Delete any pre-installed Wordpress to avoid installation conflicts. Here's a quick guide on how to delete the already installed WordPress.
This guide assumes you already have a Webhost account that uses cPanel as control panel. Click here to see how a cPanel dashboard looks like.
If you are using GoDaddy to host your sites, then click here. A separate site installation guide for GoDaddy webhost users will open.
If you are still looking for a reliable but affordable cPanel webhost, then we highly recommend HostGator. Use the coupon code "PREMADENICHES25 " to get 25% discount.
1. Create a MySQL database. If you're new to manually creating databases, you can follow this steps.
2. Upload the backup file and the importbuddy script on the root folder of your domain/subdomain. The backup file and the importbuddy script is found under the "Files to Upload" folder which is included with the blog package you donwloaded from PreMadeNiches.com
3. Run the installation script on your browser by typing this url format: http://yourdomain.com/importbuddy.php.
4. Enter the default ImportBuddy password then simply follow the on-screen prompts.
That's it. The whole installation process can be done in under seven minutes depending on your internet speed.
NOTE: The ImportBuddy password is found in the notepad file called "Login Details". The default blog admin username and password is also included in that file.
1. Log in to your cPanel account using this url format:
2. On the cPanel dashboard find the "MySQL Database Wizard" button .
3. Click the "MySQL Database Wizard" button and you will be redirected to the "MySQL® Database Wizard"
4. Enter a database name then click "Next Step" button.
Tip: Your database name should be something that will allow you to recognize it from other databases especially if you have already created or planning to create more databases in your webhost account. For example: forxblg42687 as shown above.
5. Enter database username. Up to 7 characters is allowed.
6. Generate a database password by clicking the "Password Generator button" then click "Use Password" button.
7. Click "Create User" button.
8. Now copy and save your new database info into a notepad. You will be using this when installing your blog package on step 3.
For this example your database detail should be:
Database Name: homs4a_forxblg42687
Database Username: homs4a_frxb463
Again, you should save this important info because you will be using it in this step.
8. Now, tick (check) the box beside "ALL PRIVILEGES". This should automatically check all fields under it
9. Finally, click the "Next Step" button (as shown by red arrow on above image).
10. That's it. You have successfully created a database for your new blog.
If you are observant enough, the database wizard says "Step 4" but that's actually the confirmation notice that you successfully created a database. The whole process would normally be done in under a minute with just three litte steps - simply pointing and clicking!
1. On your computer, unzip the blog package you downloaded when you purchased it from PreMadeNiches.com. You can use WinZip or WinRAR. Free WinZip version is usually pre-installed in most Windows based computers.
2. After unzipping, open the folder "Files To Upload". This is where the actual "installation files" are placed.
3. That folder should contain the "backup file" (usually in a "backup-blogname-some78ue" filename format) and the "importbuddy script". DO NOT unzip the backup file.
4. Upload both the "backup file" and the "importbuddy script". Use your favorite FTP software or use the built in cPanel uploader.
Since we're already logged in on our webhost (remember step 1 when you created your database), we're going to used the cPanel uploader.
Note: For the purpose of this guide, I bought a new domain called forexfans.org. We are going to install the forex blog package with this domain. I already pointed the domain from Namecheap to this webhost which is HostGator. I also added the domain using the Add On Domain tool. If this sounds new to you, here are quick tutorials on how to do it:
How to Point a Domain to Your Webhost
How to Add a Domain or Subdomain
5. In your cPanel dashboard find the "File Manager" icon then click on it.
6. A new tab/window will open. On the new window, you should see the File Manager Page.
7. On the left side click on public_html.
8. On the left panel, you will now see that the public_html tree will expand revealing more folders under it. On the right panel, you will also notice revealed folders. These are actually the root directories of other domains/subdomains which are hosted on this webhost account. Some of these are live sites actually.
9. Click the forexfans folder. This is the root folder of our new website forexfans.org.
10. On the right panel, a new space/area will open. This is where you will upload and host your forexfans.org's programs and other needed website files.
11. You can now upload the installation files by clicking the Upload tool. See illustration above. When clicking the upload tool, the Upload files page will open in a new window/tab . See illustration below.
12. Click the "Browse" button to select and upload files from your computer.
13. Find and select the installation files from your computer. You can only upload one file at at time so we'll select the backup file first and then repeat the same step to upload the import buddy script.
14. You should now see the progress bar indicator on bottom right of your screen.
15. When upload is completed, you are now ready to run the importbuddy script.
You may have noticed that it took me 15 long steps to explain the simple file uploading process. That's because I have to show a screenshot for every single step for the sake of the many Wordpress beginners and older folks who are not yet familiar with webhost file management.
It may seem a lot of work but once you get accustomed to it, it should only take you less than five minutes to finish.
Now, let's proceed to the final step. You will be viewing your new shiny live site after this... and it should only take less than a minute.
1. On your browser, type http://www.yourdomain.com/importbuddy.php then hit "Enter" key on your computer keyboard.
So since we're going to install Forex Blog to our newly bought domain forexfans.org, we will type: http://forexfans.org/importbuddy.php
2. Enter ImportBuddy password.
NOTE: The ImportBuddy password is included with the download file. Open the "Login Details" (notepad) file and you should see that password in the first 5 lines.
Also, your default login username and password for the blog is found in there.
3. Click "Authenticate" button to continue.
4. Click Next Step button to proceed. Nothing to configure here.
5. Again on the next page "Step 2 of 6: Unzipping Backup File", click Next Step button as long as the installation wizard says, "Files successfully extracted."
6. Now, on "Step 3 of 6: URL & Database Settings" you may want to use custom url for your site. However, this is not recommended if you don't know exactly what you are doing. So no need to change this one.
7. Change Database Settings. This is a crucial step. You do it wrong, the sky will fall and you'll get frustrated. :-)
Now, open the notepad where you pasted the database info when you created it in a Step 1. Simply copy and replace old database info with the new ones.
NOTE: In case you are wondering, you don't need to change the "MySQL Server" and "Database Prefix". Just leave it as it is.
You only need to change the MySQL Server setting if you are using other webhost that don't use cPanel such as GoDaddy. There is a separate guide about installing on GoDaddy servers.
8. When you're done changing the database settings, click "Test Database Settings" button to check if the installation script can connect to the database with those details. If all indication says "Success", then simply click on Next Step button to continue.
9. On "Step 4 of 6: Database Import" you should see the message "Initial database import complete!". Click "Next Step" button to proceed.
10. On "Step 5 of 6: Database Migration (Updating URLs, paths, etc)", check if your new site is working. Simply click the url after "Import complete for site:" in this case, http://forexfans.org.
11. Site is complete! Congratulations, you have a new website.
The installation process is simple and straightforward. After 2 or 3 more successful blog package installation you should already be comfortable and may not need to follow this guide anymore. You can be on your way to setting up more niche blogs that can make you good steady passive income in the days to come.
IMPORTANT: After installing your ready made blogs make sure to update Wordpress and all the plugins. Here's a tutorial on how to do that:
Update WordPress and WordPress Plugins
New to WordPress? Register for a free account here. If you're interested of downloading Wordpress Tutorial Videos, go here. The gold membership includes advanced WordPress tutorials including internet marketing video tuts such traffic generation and listbuilding courses.
For questions and product issues please contact us using our contact form.