Step by Step Tutorial
- Unzip the blog package you downloaded using WinZip. Free WinZip version is usually pre-installed in most Windows based computers. You may also use WinRAR.
- Open the folder “Files To Upload“.
- What you should be seeing inside is the zipped wp-content file. In some blog packages such as this one there are some included files. You should upload that too.
- Upload it using your favorite FTP software or use the built in CPanel Â uploader. I used the CPanel Uploader.
- Be sure to upload the file/s Â on the same directory where you earlier installed the new WordPress platform.
- Delete the existing wp-content file.
- Extract the newly uploaded wp-content.zip file.Â
Warning: You should have deleted the old wp-content first before performing this step.
Extract also other files that are included in the upload files folder. In this case the i.zip file.
- After extracting the new wp-content folder and other file/s that comes with it, you should now delete the zipped file. Just be careful with this step as you may get confused and screw some important files.